The Homeopathy School International’s philosophy recognizes the interrelationship of body, mind, psyche and spirit as well as the extraordinary healing effects of homeopathic treatment. Courses address physical and psychological aspects of healing in the pursuit of restoring a state of well-being and health.
The school’s curriculum is designed to support the acquisition of the knowledge and skills needed to practice homeopathy professionally and ethically. The program provides flexible and practical learning while stimulating creative thinking in relation to this gentle healing art. The faculty is committed to providing a supportive and stimulating learning experience.
The highest ideal of cure is the rapid, gentle and permanent restoration of health; that is the lifting and annihilation of the disease in its entire extend in the shortest, most reliable, and least disadvantageous way, according to clearly realizable principle.
––Dr. Samuel Hahnemann, Founder of Homeopathy, from “The Organon”
To actively engage students in meaningful education in Classical Homeopathy in support of compassionate, confident, and qualified practitioners of this gentle healing art.
- Improving health through classical homeopathy
- International perspectives on homeopathic practice
- World-wide access to comprehensive homeopathic education
- Virtual Learning supported by individualized instruction
- Studies with clinical cases and interactive supervision
- Culture of continuous improvement
- Relating to others with courtesy, politeness and kindness
- Embrace and support diversity, inclusion and equity
- Promote the highest standards of ethics, integrity and scholarship
- Articulate the philosophical, theoretical and historical foundations of homeopathy.
- Understand and state the symptom pictures for homeopathic Materia Medica (the remedies).
- Demonstrate the principles and methods of homeopathy through skilled casework.
- Record, analyze and manage cases effectively.
- Employ homeopathic reference tools to be prepared for a professional practice.
- Identify strategies for building a successful practice.
- Demonstrate ethical professional behavior.
In 1990, the Classical Homeopathy Certificate Program was established as a branch of the Massage Therapy Institute of Colorado (USA). The original program, founded by Mark Manton and Barbara Seideneck, was approved by the State of Colorado and enrolled twenty-three students at the Denver, Colorado site. This program, one of the first modern homeopathy trainings offered in the United States, soon expanded from a one-year to three-year training.
Further development and expansion led to establishing the school as an independent institution. By September 1995 the school earned its non-profit status 501(c)(3). In 1996 the school moved to Boulder, Colorado, at the foot of the gorgeous Rocky Mountains.
The school’s Distance Education Program was established in 2002 in response to a growing demand for the availability of homeopathic education outside of Boulder, Colorado. Nationally and internationally recognized for excellence in homeopathic education, the Homeopathy School International (HSI) now offers study options to students worldwide. The school has graduated professional homeopaths since 1991.
I have been a professional student my whole adult life, so I feel that I have a lot of experience with which to compare my tenure at HSI. The classes are focused, well organized and taught in a way to be intellectually rigorous and stimulating. The program makes the study of homeopathy come to life, providing an excellent foundation to become a good practitioner. I can sincerely say that the two years at HSI yielded one of the most fulfilling learning opportunities I’ve ever had.
The school’s advisory council provides recommendations for the continuing improvement and enrichment of the school’s educational programs. The council meets annually and includes homeopathic practitioners, students, alumni, and community members representing alternative healing modalities.
HSI supports all efforts to unify standards for homeopathic education and certification formulated by the Council for Homeopathic Certification, the International Council for Classical Homeopathy, the Accreditation Commission for Homeopathic Education in North America, the North American Network of Homeopathic Educators, and the North American of Society of Homeopaths.
HSI is a founding member of the Council for Homeopathy Schools and Colleges.
This program is terrific. I’m glad I chose this school. I’ve recommended it to a lot of others who are interested in studying homeopathy.