Practitioner Certificate Program – 500 hours
Is this for me?
If you are interested in becoming a professional homeopath, the completion of this program will give you the qualifications to enter the profession as an independent practitioner of classical homeopathy. If you are a healthcare practitioner or physician and would like to expand your expertise with homeopathy, this program provides you with a professional level of homeopathic skill to add to your practice.
What do I get?
Upon graduation you will receive the Professional Practitioner Certificate (CHom). Certification from HSI stands for the achievement of a professional level of competency in the art and science of homeopathy. Completion of the program also provides the requirements for national certification with the Council for Homeopathic Certification if you choose to get nationally certified.
Four courses with five modules each – 125 hours per course
Regardless of your location, you have access to the study of homeopathy with the school’s cutting edge, integrated curriculum, expert faculty and tutor support. You can fit your studies to your personal schedule and become a professional homeopath.
At the beginning of each course (5 modules per course) you receive a packet including five sets of digitally recorded DVDs (totaling 25 DVDs) of lectures, classroom activities and clinics. All assignments are explained in detail and outlined in a substantial study guide. Feedback and support are provided by nationally certified homeopaths. Completed assignments are emailed or mailed to your tutor and case supervisor.
The Practitioner Certificate Program includes the following:
- Professional Practitioner Certificate (CHom) on completion of the program
- Four courses in the program (HSI 101, HSI 102, HSI 201, HSI 202)
- Each course packet comes with study guides, course materials, assignments and 90 hours of digitally recorded DVD instruction
- Lectures, classroom activities, clinics and seminars recorded on high quality DVDs
- Free Webinars on selected topics
- Phone or email support from nationally certified homeopaths
- Flexibility for completing the program at an accelerated or slower pace
- Study that can begin at any time, from any location worldwide
What will I study?
Please see the outline below. For details please contact the school or Download the catalog
Course Content Outline:
HSI 101 and HSI 102 (250 hours)
- History, theory and treatment techniques of homeopathy
- Case taking skills for acute and chronic conditions
- Case analysis methods for acute and chronic conditions
- Application of homeopathic remedies for first aid, acute and chronic treatment
- Efficiency in using reference tools
- Video recorded and student-generated cases for hands-on learning
HSI 201 and HSI 202 (250 hours)
- Clinical observation via DVDs of cases recorded at the school’s clinic
- Supervision for independent casework
- Group discussions of independent cases
- Application of homeopathic remedies for chronic conditions
- Study of advanced homeopathic topics
- On-line casework
“The DVD presentations make the curriculum come alive. The materials and online support have been great.”
– N. Mansfield
How long will it take?
You will study at your own pace. The average completion rate is 18 – 24 months and you have up to four years to complete the 500-hour program.
“Thank you for working with me from a distance. Even though I wasn’t in the classroom, I enjoyed the classroom interaction on DVD and the kindness and sensitivity of the instructors.” – L. Nelson, Graduate